Organizations eligible to apply for an Impact100 Oakland County grant must be:
- Tax exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, independent of a financial sponsor (local affiliates may apply under the 501(c)(3) of the national organization).
- Based in or collaborating with organizations serving Oakland County; all grant monies must be used for a project or program that serves residents of Oakland County.
- In possession of 3 full prior years (36 months) of independently prepared, audited or reviewed financial statements as required by state law.
- Operating with a minimum annual budget of $250,000.
Projects eligible for the Impact100 Oakland County grant must:
- Fit within one of five focus areas: Arts & Culture; Education; Environment, Recreation & Restoration; Family; and Health & Wellness.
- Predominantly serve residents of Oakland County.
- Have a measurable high impact on beneficiaries.
- Not have received an Impact100 Oakland County grant in the previous three years. The three-year period begins the year the grant is awarded regardless of whether the grant money is distributed lump sum or via installment payments. (Example: Nonprofit X received a grant in 2018; Nonprofit X would be eligible to re-apply in 2021.)
- Have a total project budget of at least the grant amount for that year. (Note: Up to 15 percent of the Impact100 Oakland County project grant may be allocated to organizational overhead expenses for that project.)
- Expend the funds within 36 months.
Grants will not be provided for:
- Debt reduction, operating deficits, interim or bridge funding, or endowment funding.
- Individuals or private foundations.
- Activities that are religious or political in nature.
- Fund drives, annual appeals, fundraising events, or general capital campaigns.
As we continue to grow and evolve, Impact100 Oakland County reserves the right to change its eligibility criteria
without notice at any time.
APPLY FOR A GRANT