Introducing our 2022 Nonprofit Finalists!
We had an amazing Meet the Finalists event last night to announce our five 2022 grant recipient finalists! Thanks to all those who attended, and special thanks to The Strand Theatre in Pontiac for hosting us and serving as our presenting sponsor and Batch 154 for the great food/catering!
RSVP to attend our Annual Grant Awards Ceremony on November 2 where members will vote on which finalists receive one of THREE $100,000 grants we are awarding this year.
2022 Impact100 Oakland County Nonprofit Finalists
Arts & Culture Category
Environment, Recreation & Restoration Category
Health & Wellness Category
Congratulations to our 2022 finalists! We are excited to learn more about their transformational projects and will be sending executive summaries for each finalist in the coming weeks. We want to empower and encourage members to do their own research on our nonprofit finalists. Below are some tips and tricks on how to research nonprofits online.
Tips & Suggestions for Researching our Finalists
Visit each organization’s website! Items worth reviewing:
- The organization’s mission, vision and goals
- Annual report and/or latest financial statements
- Current leadership / Board of Directors
Guidestar (also known as Candid)
- Search for the nonprofit, filter by state
- Review the nonprofit’s profile information
- Click on the “Show Forms 990” to view the latest 990 information
- Check if the organization has a “Seal of Transparency” badge on their website
- Search for the nonprofit in the search tool
- Review the Encompass Rating Score (Overall and individually)
- Search the nonprofit and read the Reviews and top articles
- Reach out to the organization’s leadership or fundraising team to answer any questions or concerns. Old issues found online may have been resolved and/or they may be able to provide insight to specific topics or details found in your search.
Philanthropy Community Insight Demo
Join us for a short 20 minute, Zoom demonstration to learn about this wonderful resource
through Dorothy A. Johnson Center for Philanthropy, based in Grand Rapids. Community Insight is an interactive, online platform for displaying data about local communities,
understanding community opportunities and needs, and targeting efforts for advancing equity. Community Insight draws on multiple datasets from a range of systems and institutions on topics such as education, health, economic opportunity, population demographics, and more.
Their team will give us an orientation on how to use the tool, specific to Oakland County.
Join us Monday, October 10th, 12:00pm :: Click here for the Zoom link.